Training simulators are excellent for training operators to work with equipment in hazardous environments where the safety of people is at stake. With the advance of 3D imaging technologies and VR, the costs of the simulators are decreasing rapidly. They become a viable option in an increasing number of industries. Controllab provides training simulators for a number of industries.
All of our training simulators are based on a 3D representation of the real machine, on one or multiple displays or with a VR headset. An operator chair and the human machine interface (HMI) can be added to allow the operator to work just as he would do on the real machine.
To enhance the sense of reality, Controllab uses several technologies:
- Physics: We use physics based simulation models of the real machine and its environment.
- Control System: We use the control system and the HMI of the real system and couple this with a simulated machine.
- Unity 3D: Our 3D technology is based on the Unity gaming engine, allowing high resolution, real-time display of 3D graphics.
In our simulators, many scenarios can be trained:
- Scenarios: Learning to operate the machine.
- Environmental conditions: Operating at day or night, with normal weather or abnormal conditions.
- Error conditions: Learning to detect and handle errors.
- Failures and emergencies: Training abnormal situations.