Controllab is the owner and developer of the software packages 20-sim. We use this software to create digital twins: simulation models that we use to develop and test control systems and build training simulators.
20-sim is a modelling and simulation program that runs under Microsoft Windows. With 20-sim you can simulate the behavior of dynamic systems, such as electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems or any combination of these. 20-sim supports the use of physical components. This allows you to enter models as in an engineering sketch: by choosing components from the library and connecting them, your engineering scheme is actually rebuilt, without entering a single line of math. 20-sim has functionality that makes it suited very well for digital twins. We can couple 20-sim to Unity 3D and show stunning 3D animations and we we can couple 20-sim to PLCs to test control software (HIL simulation).
We have developed code to automate the design and use of our digital twins:
- Import CAD drawings, assign the degrees of freedom and generate a 3D dynamics model in 20-sim and a 3D representation automatically\
- Connect the variables in a 20-sim model to the variables in a Unity animation automatically
- Connect the variables in a 20-sim model to the variables in a PLC automatically
- Use scripts to generate simulation models automatically from library components
- Use scripts to run simulation models automatically.